lrtemplate or xmp folder?
The version of Lightroom you have will determine the way you install your presets. Click here for instructions on how to find out which version of Lr or ACR you are using.
How to install presets on Pre-7.3 versions of Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom Classic CC (2015), 6, 5 & 4
FOR: LXC, SUMMIT, WOLF PACK, ATLAS
1) Unzip the preset files. 2) Locate the Develop Presets folder. In Lightroom, go to Edit > Preferences (Mac = Lightroom then Preferences) > Presets tab and select “Show Lightroom Presets Folder” > Lightroom > Develop Presets. 3) Drag the Preset folder(s) which are found in the lrtemplate folder into the Develop Preset folder on you system. Keep them in their individual folders so they remain organized. 4) Restart Lightroom.
How to install presets & profiles on LIGHTROOM 7.5
FOR: TERRAIN, 1888AD, WAYFARER, EXFILM
The Archipelago Presets / Profiles require Lightroom Ver. 7.5 or newer. Please verify that you have the correct version. You can find your version information in Lightroom by selecting (MAC= Lightroom > About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC ::: PC= Help > About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC)
With the new 7.5 release of Lightroom Classic CC, you can now import presets or profiles in a zip file into Lightroom Classic.
1. Navigate to the Develop module.
2. Choose one of the following:
-From the menu bar, choose File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets.
- In the Presets panel, click the plus (+) icon at the upper-right corner and choose Import Presets from the menu. PLEASE NOTE, you will only be able to click the plus (+) icon if you have images loaded in the Develop module.
3. In the import dialog that appears, select the downloaded .zip which will contain the profiles and presets that you want to import.
You can import XMP presets and profiles, as part of a zip file. However, the older .lrtemplate presets can't be imported as part of a zip file.
How to install ACR presets in photoshop
Please note, if you install the XMP presets/profiles in Lightroom 7.5, they will automatically be installed for ACR as well. Please use the XMP folder included with your download.
Mac: Users>YOUR NAME>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Camera Raw> Settings
Windows: Application Data>Adobe>Camera Raw>Settings OR C: Users-[user name]>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Camera Raw>Settings
Copy and paste the .xmp presets into the Settings Folder. Please note, only paste the .xmp files (not folders) into the setting folder, as ACR does not recognize folders.
Please note, if you are using a Mac and cannot locate the Settings folder, try this: go to Finder and select Go > Go to Folder from the menu. Then copy and paste this in the box: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings