Tribe Archipelago Official Rules for #TRIBEBESTOF2018 Hashtag Contest
These rules govern the Tribe Archipelago #TRIBEBESTOF2018 Contest (the "Contest") and set out the terms and conditions between Red Leaf Studios Inc. ("Red Leaf" or "us/we") and each participant ("participant", "or "you"). Your entry into a Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Contest Rules (the "Rules").
1. How to Enter: Red Leaf is offering the Contest and will award Prizes (as defined below) based on the results of voting through Red Leaf’s social media channels on images using certain assigned hashtags.
The Contest begins on December 4, 2018 at 12PM and ends on December 14th, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM US Pacific Standard Time (“Contest Period”). The voting will occur between December 17-21, 2018, and the winner will be announced on December 24, 2018. Red Leaf’s clock is the official time for the Contest. All entries must be submitted during this period in order to qualify. Each individual Hashtag Contest may also include specific time restrictions that will be communicated by Red Leaf.
To enter the Contest, you must use specified hashtags with your images (“Images”) that will appear on Red Leaf’s social media channels with the ability for the public to vote on their favorite Images. You are only permitted to submit five Images for each Hashtag Contest and you are not permitted to vote for your own Image in the Contest.
All entries must be submitted using the hashtag #TRIBEBESTOF2018 on their Instagram feed--not Instagram stories. Images tagged MUST BE NEW posts. Hash-tagging old images on ones Instagram feed will not be considered as an entry.Participants must comply with the submission format provided by Red Leaf.
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to be eligible to win a Prize.
Limit of five entries per person per Contest. We are not responsible for lost, illegible, incomplete, mutilated or stolen entries; errors appearing within these Rules, in any Contest related advertisements or other materials; or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise. Entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, delayed, lost, tampered with, incomprehensible, forged, mutilated, misdirected, inaccurate, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules will be disqualified.
If you win a Prize, you must provide all of the requested information to be eligible to win that Prize. Prizes may be withheld or awarded to another eligible registrant if these Rules are breached. Prizes may not be exactly as shown. A reasonable US$ equivalent in lieu of the Prize may also be awarded at the sole discretion of Red Leaf.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is open to amateur or professional photographers who are of the age of majority reside in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec). All national and local laws and regulations of the participant’s country of residence apply. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of Red Leaf, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any company involved in the sponsorship, design, execution, production of this Contest are ineligible to enter or vote in the Contest. Red Leaf reserves the right to verify participant eligibility at any time and all participants may be required to provide verification of eligibility. Void where prohibited.
3. Determination of winners: The eligible entry for the Hashtag Contest with the most votes will win the Contest.
All decisions on the determination of which Image received the most eligible votes are final. You may withdraw your submission at any time. Your right to win a Prize is terminated if a submission is withdrawn.
Winners will be notified by email following drawing and may also be announced by Red Leaf on our website and social media channels. We shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason and we are not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or any other messages. Proof of response by a potential winner does not constitute proof of receipt by us.
If after seven (7) days of the second notification to the winner no acknowledgement or response is received, the Prize is forfeited, and Red Leaf will select another winner based on the number of eligible votes received.
Each winner acknowledges that, if and to the extent that Red Leaf is legally obligated to provide a third party with information about any Prize claimed by a winner, Red Leaf shall be entitled to do so.
4. Ownership and Publicity: Red Leaf does not claim ownership of your Image entry to the Contest, but by submitting an entry, you grant Red Leaf, its affiliated companies and necessary sub-licensees a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully assignable and transferable right and license, to edit, adapt, modify, crop and reformat Images, and to reproduce your Images (e.g. publish, display, perform, digitally perform) in any media and format, and to make and maintain back-up and archival copies of your Images.
5. Participant Warranties:
By submitting an entry to the Contest, you warrant that:
all Images entered in the Contest are original works that you created;
you are the sole and exclusive owner of the copyright in all Image entries;
your Image entry does not contain any content that infringes on any third party rights, including copyright and any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
your Image entry does not disclose any information which would constitute a violation of any confidentiality obligation or a violation of any rights of publicity or privacy of any third party;
your Image entry does not violate any agreement that you have with any third party;
your Image entry does not include any defamatory or libelous content or violate any laws, rules or regulations in the country where you reside;
you have a valid model release for any identifiable individual portrayed in your Image entry;
you will not vote on your own Image entry; and
your Image entry does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, or other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer or computer system.
6. Prizes: The eligible winner of the #TRIBEBESTOF2018 Contest will receive one (1) Peak Design Everyday Backpack.
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Prizes is US $259.95. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local tax laws apply. The value for any prize is based on the ARV at the beginning of the Contest Period. Because the ARV for any Prize may fluctuate, Red Leaf has the sole right to determine the value of any Prize, or its cash equivalent, at the time that any Prize is awarded.
Substitution or transfer of Prizes is not allowed, and Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. If a Prize becomes unavailable or is prohibited by law, Red Leaf may at its sole discretion award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The winner accepts responsibility for all applicable duties and customs charges, and any federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the delivery or receipt of the Prizes. If you reside in Canada, you may be required to correctly answer a skill testing question before becoming eligible to claim a Prize.
Apart from any Prize that may be awarded as part of the Contest, no compensation (monetary or otherwise) will be paid for your participation in any Contest. Red Leaf is not responsible for Contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Red Leaf is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
The Prize will be shipped to the winner’s residence using standard delivery and Red Leaf is not responsible for any applicable customs or duties charges. Red Leaf is not responsible for a Prize if it is lost, stolen or damaged during or after shipping, and it will not be replaced by Red Leaf.
7. Warranties and Disclaimers: Prizes come with the standard manufacturer warranty only (if applicable), but Prizes are awarded “AS IS”. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Red Leaf specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the Contest or the Prizes including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
Red Leaf is solely responsible for the Contest. Social media channels utilized in connection with this Contest, including Facebook and Instagram, and manufacturers/brands for any product awarded as a Prize are not sponsors of the Contest and do not have any involvement in or responsibility for any Contest.
8. Release of Liability and Indemnity: By participating in the Contest, all participants release Red Leaf, its affiliates, sponsors, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development, sponsorship and execution of any Contest from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in the Contest or acceptance or use of a Prize. Red Leaf assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of Red Leaf in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Red Leaf reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including cancelling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Red Leaf reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be violating the letter or spirit of the Rules or is otherwise acting in a disruptive manner. Red Leaf reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law for any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Red Leaf shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to a participant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website where applicable. All participants agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless Red Leaf from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest without limitation.
9. Generally: Red Leaf may make changes to these Rules at any time without notice to you. Participating in the Contest or accepting a Prize will constitute acceptance of the revised rules. These Rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
All trade names, trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned or displayed in connection with the Contest are the property of their respective owners and may not be used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of their respective owners.
The Contest and the Rules are governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and Canada, as applicable, without regard to conflicts of law principles. You irrevocably submit the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada for any dispute with respect to the Contest and/or the interpretation or alleged breach of the Rules.
If any provision of these Rules is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Rules shall remain in force and effect as if such invalid/unenforceable provision were not a part of the Rules.
For any feedback or questions regarding the Contest or the Prizes please contact email@example.com